Friday, October 2, 2009

Retirement is Not Forever

~Anybody can look inside themselves and find darkness.  What's truely scary is if they find the darkness looking back.~  From: The hunters guide to self reflection.

The call came in, I knew it was only a matter of time before it would happen.  In my line of work, even those that live to retirement age never truely retire.  Of course, things are a hell of a lot better than they were back in the day.  At least now we have modern technology to help us fight our battle, a battle that I thought was all but won.  Now things don't seem to be that way.

The Pope wants me to fly to Rome and meet up with a newly assembled team of hunters.  Apparently there's some heavy shit going down, and they're brining in the best of the best, retired or not.  He didn't go into detail over the phone.  Even though most fangs are traditionalists and hate modern society and the technology that comes with it, there are some fledglings that are kept around for the sole purpose of keeping them informed. 

So tomorrow, I'll be heading down to the Fas-Stor storage place, opening the lock to unit 5, and picking up possesions I hoped I'd never have to use again.  I was glad a private jet was taking me to my destination.  With the aresonal I was packing public travel just wouldn't be possible. 

I've made a lot of mistakes in the past.  But this time, I'll be journaling my mission. 
If you are reading this, then perhaps you are the hunter of tomorrow.
And just maybe, you'll be able to learn from my mistakes.

Well, I have a busy day tomorrow, my flight leaves around noon.
With any luck, I'll be able to survive the next few months and happily resume my retirement.

~Dyson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment